We are the mouth piece for the grassroots
Mudziwathu radio station has proved to be a darling to its listenership in Mchinji part of Lilongwe, Kasungu, Dowa and parts of Zambia and Mozambique.
Mudziwathu Radio came about as part of the In My Village/“MmudziMwathu” Project which aimed at reaching over 90% of 550, 000 of the Mchinji District population with messages promoting abstinence and being faithful in the fight against HIV and AIDS, and mobilizing communities to support education for Orphans and other Vulnerable Children (OVCs), and promoting care for People With HIV and AIDS (PLWHAs).
The radio established 52 listening clubs in various parts of Mchinji which serve as conduits for information dissemination and community mobilization to attain ripple effects. The listening clubs also served as hubs for community-based initiatives such as fund-raising activities and farming activities to raise food and funds to support OVCs and PLWHAs.
THE LATEST NEWS
- BY Chisomo Chimenya ( MIJ) Minister of Homeland security Richard Chimwendo Banda says the ministry will from Tuesday next week, start giving back motorcycles that the […]
- Brenda Kaonga-MIJ FM Three top members of the Human Rights Defenders Coalition are among 40 newly appointed Deputy High Commissioners, Ambassadors and other diplomats. The three […]
- By Gladson Bumpha Police in Dowa have arrested a 28-year-old woman, Rute Sikelo, on suspicion that he burnt her 7-year-old son accusing him of stealing chicken. […]
- National Association for Small and Medium Enterprise (NASME) has appealed to local manufacturing companies for fair prices of locally products in order to achieve Buy Malawi […]
- African leaders and diplomats on Friday joined Zambia in mourning its founding president and liberation hero Kenneth Kaunda, who died last month aged 97 after a […]
- Félix Tshisekedi and his Rwandan counterpart Paul Kagame met once again this Saturday, June 26, 2021. The meeting took place in Goma (North Kivu). Together, they […]
- A makeshift bomb exploded inside a Catholic church in the city of Beni in the DR Congo's conflict-plagued east on Sunday, injuring two just an hour […]
- Thailand from Monday will reimpose Covid-19 restrictions on restaurants, construction sites and gatherings in the capital Bangkok and its suburbs as it tries to contain a […]
- Matt Hancock has resigned as health secretary after he breached social distancing guidance by kissing a colleague. In a letter to the PM he said the […]
- The National Referees Committee has dropped FIFA referees Gift Chicco, Bernadette Kwimbira and Mercy Kayira on the official list of referees to officiate the second round […]
- There are lots of reasons why I'm hoping Saturday's defeat by Denmark isn't the last time we see Gareth Bale in a Wales shirt. Gaz is […]